Employment Based US Visas

U.S. immigration law is one of the most complicated areas of law and changes constantly. Attorney Frank Stanczak is a seasoned immigration attorney who handles all areas of immigration, including employment based U.S. visas in L1A, H1B, EB5, TN and P1 categories. He represents clients in matters involving all types of employment based visas.

Attorney Frank Stanczak: Requirements for H1B and L1A Employment Visas

The H1B visa is a temporary work visa for foreign workers with a job opportunity in a specialty occupation in the United States. A specialty occupation is one that requires specialized knowledge and either requires work experience or a bachelor’s degree. Typically, it includes positions in mathematics, architecture, medicine, education, law, accounting and more. Applicants must also meet character and health requirements.

Like an H1B visa, an L1 visa is a temporary work visa. Specifically, it is for key employees of a foreign company to be transferred to the United States to continue their work with their employer. Often, it is used for employees who need to establish a subsidiary or branch of the company. Applicants must hold a managerial, executive or key position in the company and must be employed for at least one year.

Requirements for EB5, TN and P1 Employment Visas

The EB5 green card is a visa that provides legal permanent residence in the United States to foreign entrepreneurs and investors who can afford to invest in a commercial venture. Requirements of the venture include one that will create a minimum of 10 full-time employment jobs within two years. Generally, an investment of at least $1,000,000 is required.

A TN visa is a temporary work visa for citizens of Mexico or Canada who have a job offer in a professional field. It includes professional positions, such as scientists, medical workers, engineers, teachers and attorneys.

The P1 visa is a temporary work visa for internationally recognized entertainers or athletes to perform at a U.S. function. Requirements include having a skill that is recognized in more than one country. Plus, applicants are required to have a U.S. agent sponsor their trip to the country.

If you need assistance with any of these types of visas, be sure to contact attorney Frank Stanczak.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.