Employment/Family Based Green Cards


Immigrants to the United States may be eligible for employment-based green cards based on meeting set criteria. Attorney Frank Stanczak is an immigration attorney who can assist you with meeting the criteria and filling out the required paperwork. He has years of experience helping people in different occupational categories get a green card.

You may be eligible for an employment-based, first-preference green card if you can demonstrative that you are an outstanding researcher, professor, manager or multinational executive. For each category, there is documentary evidence that much be shown. For example, those seeking U.S. employment visas based on claiming that they are an outstanding researcher or professor must provide documentation in three of the following 10 areas on the following list: original scholarly research contributions in the claimed field

  • Major awards for outstanding achievement
  • Published material in professional publications
  • Authorship of scholarly books
  • Participation in panel judgment of the work of others in the same academic field
  • Original scientific research contributions in the field
  • Membership in professional associations requiring outstanding achievement
  • Internationally recognized awards for excellence
  • Published material in major trade magazines
  • Original scholarly contributions that are of major significance
  • Performance of a critical role in distinguished organizations

Other Employment Preferences: EB 2 through EB5

In total, there are five preference green cards for employment. The second-preference green card includes the sub-categories of advanced degree, exceptional ability and national interest waiver. Each sub-category has its own requirements. To qualify for an second employment preference, applicants need to have their employers file a Form I-140, which is a Petition for Alien Worker.

The family of EB-1 through EB-5 green card holders may be admitted into the United States with an E-21 and E-22 immigration status. And when you’re applying for permanent resident status, your spouse may be eligible to file for an Employment Authorization Document.

As you can see, employment-based green cards are complex, and each step in filing must be properly executed. If you’re seeking E1 through E5 employment green card, turn for legal help from attorney Frank Stanczk. He’ll help you navigate the process.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.